JOB START DATE
As soon as possible (at the latest in 3 months)
$26.45/hour for 35 – 40 hours a week
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
· Permanent, Full time
· Availability to work in a variety of shifts and at the weekends
· Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations of the Nando’s restaurant
· Coordinate with the owner in recruitment, training and supervising the staff
· Implement operational procedures, ensure all procedures are followed by all staff members
· Recruit staff (call for interview if resume has been dropped off at restaurant) and oversee staff training that is conducted by the supervisors
· Set staff work schedules and monitor staff performances in meetings with other Restaurant Manager and Owners
· Control inventory monthly and count all stock and enter information into the software
· Order weekly delivery according to restaurant needs, receive stock, and conduct stock balancing (ensure stock ordered and stock received matches)
· Monitor revenues and sales using software on a weekly basis
· Resolve customer complaints and ensure health and safety regulations are followed
· Overseeing the stock levels and verify the ordering of the stock
· Preparing and presenting sales reports and setting targets
· Modify procedures and prices on menu boards, tills and till toppers
· Ensure health and safety regulations are followed in kitchen
· Balance staff tills at the end of every shift, generate cashier report, conduct batch preview, and make cash deposits
ADDITIONAL SKILLS AND PERSONAL SUITABILITY
· A positive attitude and excellent communication skills.
· Customer service oriented
· Experience of motivating and leading team.
· Ability to remain calm whilst under pressure and fast paced environment and prioritize tasks.
· Health regulations, safety standards and departmental and company policies should be followed in the work setup.
Completion of high school is required
Completion of a college program in food service administration, hotel and restaurant management or related discipline
At least 2 years of food preparation or service experience within the restaurant industry
Nando’s (Metrotown Mall)
Food Court at Metropolis, Metrotown
Burnaby, BC V5H 4P1
WHY JOIN NANDOS?
We have a saying at Nando’s and it’s simply this: “Nando’s is not just about the chicken. It’s never been just about the chicken. It’s about the people who make the chicken.” Inspired by our adventurous spirit and our values, passion, courage, integrity, and family, our Nandocas (the name for people who work at Nando’s) are like a big, extended family. We love the fact that everyone is different – which is why everyone is welcome at our table and to join our organization!
HOW TO APPLY
Note: Please mention the job title in the subject line while applying for the position.