Education: College, CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma from a program of 1 year to 2 years
Experience: Experience an asset
Work setting: Child care centre
· Develop and implement child-care programs that support and promote the physical, cognitive, emotional and social development of children
· Engage children in activities by telling stories, teaching songs and preparing crafts
· provide opportunities to express creativity through the media of art, dramatic play, music and physical activity
· Guide and assist children in the development of proper eating, dressing and toilet habits
· Observe children for signs of potential learning or behavioural problems and prepare reports for parents, guardians or supervisor
· Discuss progress and problems of children at staff meetings
· Establish guidelines for behaviour
· Assess the abilities, interests and needs of children and discuss progress or problems with parents and other staff members
· Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with co-workers and community service providers working with children
· Plan and maintain an environment that protects the health, security and well-being of children
Certificates, licences, memberships, and courses
· Early Childhood Education (ECE) Certificate
· First Aid Certificate
· CPR Certificate
Security and safety
· Criminal record check
· Dental plan
· Health care plan
· Vision care benefits
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
· You are a Canadian citizen, a permanent or a temporary resident of Canada.
· You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply
By email: email@example.com
#201 – 2255 Wilson Avenue Port Coquitlam, BC V3C 1Z4