Columbia Building Maintenance Co.
100 Westmore Drive, Unit 26, Toronto, ON, M9V 5C3
We are currently searching for an experienced Janitor Supervisor specialized in General Commercial and industrial sectors. This position is critical to the daily operations of our business. The major responsibilities of this position include:
· To arrange and supervise the Emergency Cleaning Crews, safely and efficiently.
Be on call to supervise cleaning emergencies, cleaning spills, floods, clogging of pipes, etc.
· As a Leadsperson, you will be responsible to ensure that all employees are following the company’s protocol on safety and COVID 19 prevention, such as wearing masks, face shields, gloves, etc.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Assist in the management of our cleaners in multiple facilities.
· Assist and train employees to follow all cleaning protocols and cleaning procedures.
· Actively pursue excellence in employee and customer satisfaction.
· Make sure all equipment, supplies, vehicles (if required) and products entrusted in your care are carefully handled and maintained.
· Ensure that employees know and understand company rules, security procedures and proper chemical usage.
· Provide support to employees as needed to make their job easier and satisfying, ensuring absentees due to vacations and illness are covered.
· Excellent knowledge of commercial cleaning, off schedule specials, semiannual client cleaning projects, etc.
· Supervise, prepare work schedules and co-ordinate the work for cleaners.
· Experience in striping and wax floors and carpet cleaning knowledge.
· Inspect sites or facilities to ensure established safety and cleanliness standards are met.
· Recommend and/or arrange for additional work if required such as painting, repair work, etc.
· Interview, screen new cleaning staff and advise management.
· Knowledge and ability to train employees of operation of Electrostatic equipment to properly disinfect surfaces.
· Prospect Clients.
· Order supplies every month for the accounts.
· Prepare documents for hiring of new employees.
· Attend meetings.
· Prepare daily reports, accident reports.
· Coordinate vacation periods and time off.
You will be required to train staff.
Ability to Supervise
· 2 years of work experience in the general commercial and industrial cleaning
· Previous supervisory experience
Terms of employment:
Permanent Full time with 40 hours per week
Hours of work:
From 8 am to 4 pm
Expected to regularly work 40 hours per week, including weekends and holidays (in case of emergency). These hours may vary based on business needs. You may also be asked to work additional hours in case of customers emergency.
From CAD $ 27.00 to CAD$ 29.00 per hour
Location of work:
· 100 Westmore Drive, Unit 26, Toronto, ON, M9V 5C3
· Various sites in the GTA
Language of work:
Please send resumes: email@example.com
COVID-19 spread is emotionally challenging for many people, changing day-to-day life in unprecedented ways. All sections of society – including employers and employees – should play a role to protect themselves and each other and help prevent further spread of the disease. We are fully committed in protecting you as our future employee as well as our respective clients and staff.
Everyone is welcome to apply including but not limited to Youth, Person with disabilities, Indigenous people, and Newcomers to Canada.
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not authorized to work in Canada, please do not apply for this job application.