The High-Performance Badminton Coach is a key member of the Badminton Staff at the Derrick Club.
They are there to assist the Head Badminton Professional in running the High-Performance badminton
section. This includes teaching lessons, running adult and junior programs, assisting, organizing, and
attending social events, preparing records and reports, and promoting the game of badminton at the club. The High Performance Badminton Coach is also responsible for member experience and delivering
exceptional experiences in all that we do and will constantly aspire to create a second home environment for our members, guests, and employees. If you are looking to grow your career, this opportunity might be for you.
The job is located at the following address: 3500 119th Street NW, Edmonton, Alberta, T6J 5P5.
Title of the position: High-Performance Badminton Coach – NOC 53201.
Number of positions available: one.
Term of employment: 35h to 40h per week – full time – permanent position.
Wage: C$25.00 per hour.
Variable Income: Based on trainings and Group lessons – Est. to be C$5,500 – C$20,000 based on previous years revenues.
Benefits: Extended medical benefits will be offered after 3 month of continuous employment.
Employment Groups: Students, Youth, Visible Minorities, persons with disabilities, Indigenous People, Newcomers to Canada, Apprentices.
· Teach private lessons, group lessons and camps as required
· Promote and grow all programming that pertains to badminton
· Assist with all tournaments, leagues and round robins as required (inside and outside Alberta
· Badminton tournaments and Derrick Club Championships)
· Perform all administrative duties required for all areas of responsibility
· Attend program meetings and assist with program development
· Participate in social events as required
· Ensure badminton courts and surrounding areas are maintained in Derrick Club Standard
· 2-3 years of coaching experience in the sport of badminton
· 3-5 years provincial, national and/or international competition experience in badminton
· High School Diploma or Coach Certificate.
· Excellent public relations, interpersonal and communications skills
· Superior multitasking, planning and organization abilities
· Standard First Aid CPR Level C
· Vulnerable Sector Clearance Check.
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, please feel free to stop by our Club at 3500 119th Street NW, Edmonton, Alberta, T6J 5P5 or to send us your resume at email@example.com
We are looking forward to hearing from you!