Hotel Front Desk Supervisor (NOC 62022)
Fairmont Hot Springs Resort , 5225 Fairmont Resort Road, Fairmont Hot Springs, BC, V0B1L1
Who We Are – Fairmont Hot Springs Resort, home to Canada’s largest natural mineral hot springs, is a year-round destination nestled in the heart of the British Columbia Rocky Mountains and the stunning Columbia Valley.
Guests and day visitors can enjoy everything one of Canada’s most all-encompassing experiences has to offer including the legendary natural mineral hot springs pools, 45 holes of golf across 3 courses, a stunning RV resort and a campground, the Natural Springs Spa, our family-friendly ski area, and a variety of outdoor experiences and activities.
Our full-service destination resort promises to create memories and to connect people through the wonder of nature.
Who You Are: You are an enthusiastic people-person with a can-do attitude. You are a strong communicator and work well with guests and colleagues. You enjoy front desk operations and guest service. Your strong communication and organizational skills combined with your ability to lead set you up for success. Your experience and knowledge within a resort environment make you an ideal candidate for this position.
You will embrace our Vision and Brand Promise to deliver the best Rocky Mountain experiences and memories for our guests.
Position Summary: The Front Desk Supervisor is responsible for oversight of all Front Desk and Guest Services staff and activities, ensuring that our guests experience a high-level of responsive and genuine customer service.
· Salary: $23.00 / hour (increments may be available as per service within the company)
· 02 vacancies
· Terms of employment: Permanent employment, Full time 30 – 40 hours / week
· Start date: As soon as possible
· Benefits: Employees are entitled for a Fairmont Hot Springs Employee Identification Resort Sports Pass (“Sports Pass”) which includes annual golf, swim, and ski memberships for use while employed by the Company. Sport Pass entitles employees to various discounts and perks throughout the Resort and out in the community. Subsidized staff housing can also be provided for a fee.
· Employment conditions: must be flexible to work in any shift including Morning, Day, Evening, night, Weekend and Holidays
Education: Secondary (high) school graduation certificate or equivalent experience
Experience: 1 year to less than 2 years of previous experience in a customer service or front desk role, with proven leadership skills.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Attention to detail, Fast-paced environment, Large workload, Overtime required, Standing for extended periods, Tight deadlines, Work under pressure
Personal Suitability: Accurate, Client focus, Dependability. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Initiative, Judgement, Excellent organizational and time management skills, with the ability to set priorities for self and others. Enthusiastic and Positive attitude with a passion for providing exceptional service. Team player
Job duties and Responsibilities:
· Create a warm and inviting atmosphere for guests, reflecting the unique charm of our mountain resort.
· Warmly welcome guests upon arrival and provide a seamless check-in and check-out experience.
· Anticipate and exceed guest expectations by providing personalized service.
· Assist guests with inquiries, room preferences, and special requests.
· Provide information about resort facilities, activities, and local attractions.
· Assist clients/guests with special needs.
· Handle reservation inquiries via phone, email, and in-person, ensuring accuracy and efficiency.
· Handle cash and credit transactions, balancing cash drawer at the end of each shift.
· Maintain clear and concise communication with guests regarding resort policies and procedures.
· Address and resolve guest issues and concerns in a professional and timely manner.
· Effectively communicate with various resort departments to ensure smooth coordination and to find solutions that enhance the guest experience.
· Confirm reservations and communicate any special arrangements to relevant departments.
· Create and manage the front desk staff schedule, ensuring adequate coverage.
· Supervise and provide guidance to front desk staff, fostering a positive and collaborative work environment.
· Conduct regular staff meetings to communicate updates, share best practices, and address any concerns.
· Manage room inventory, rate plans, and online booking platforms.
· Maintain accurate guest records, ensuring all details are up to date.
· Assist in the preparation of reports, as required.
· Assist Front Desk Manager in monitoring an annual departmental operating budget.
· Assisting FDM with department business plan.
· Develop and implement training programs for new front desk staff.
· Provide ongoing training to existing staff to enhance their skills and ensure consistent service standards.
· Stay updated on industry trends and best practices to incorporate into staff training.
· Ensure smooth operation of computer systems, equipment and machinery, and arrange for maintenance and repair work.
· Requisition materials and supplies.
· Co-operate and accept other assignments as and when required.
· Perform same duties as workers supervised.
How to apply
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org