Italian Center Shop is looking to hire one Pastry Baker to join their team. If you’re looking for a job that is all about a down-to-earth, good vibes, good times and great food, then we have a job for you. We are a hardworking group of people dedicated to serving the best experience for our guests. Where old friends gather, new friends are made, and everyone feels welcome. Join us and see how being yourself can take your career to exciting new places.
The job is located at the following address: 5028 104A Street, Edmonton, AB, T6H 6A2.
Title of the position: Pastry Baker – NOC 63202
Number of positions available: One.
Term of employment: 35h to 40h per week – full time – permanent position.
Wage: C$20.01 per hour.
Financial Benefits: year-end Bonus.
Benefits: Extended Medical benefits will be offered after 3 months of continuous employment.
Employment Groups: Students, Youth, Visible Minorities, persons with disabilities, Indigenous People, Newcomers to Canada, Apprentices.
· Preparing a wide variety of baked goods, such as cakes, cookies, pies, danishes, etc., by following recipes and/or product directions.
· Keeping and maintaining records relating to inventory and production levels.
· Filling the display case with finished pastries.
· Measuring and weighing out baking ingredients.
· Combining measured ingredients into bowls for mixing or blending.
· Setting time and speed controls for mixing or blending machines to ensure consistency.
· Mixing various ingredients to create fillings for cakes and pies (chocolate ganache, caramel sauces, fruits, etc.).
· Rolling, kneading, cutting, or shaping dough to form sweet rolls, pie crusts, tarts, cookies, or other products.
· Placing dough or batter in pans, molds, or sheets.
· Setting the oven temperature and placing items into hot ovens for baking.
· Observing colour of the products being baked and adjust oven temperature, humidity, or conveyor speeds accordingly.
· Decorating pastries using different glazes, icings, and toppings.
· Meeting deadlines given by management.
· Keeping work area clean and presentable.
· Completing all opening and closing procedures.
· Sharing their ideas or observations with supervisors in regard to new items or trends in the market.
· Adhering to their posted schedule and requesting changes through supervisors.
· Following basic inventory and waste guidelines. Other duties as required.
· 1 to 2 years experience in a bakery environment.
· High School Diploma.
· Familiar with industry best practices.
• Ability to work under pressure while always maintaining a professional image.
• Working independently with little direct supervision.
• Have a well-balanced concern for both tasks and people.
• Have a genuine concern for the needs of customers.
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, please feel free to stop by our shop at 5028 104A Street, Edmonton, AB, T6H 6A2 or to send us your resume at email@example.com
We are looking forward to hearing from you!