Kinjo Sushi & Grill started as a dream and has quickly scaled into the largest sushi and Japanese cuisine restaurant in Calgary now serving 7 locations. We have plans to keep growing in this city we call home and to bring the taste of Kinjo to other cities in Canada. At Kinjo, the customer is number one and we are extremely customer centric. We want everyone leaving with a full stomach and a smile on their face. It’s more than just the food – it’s the whole dining experience that we customers to remember.
We are looking for Specialist Chef at Dalhousie location. Three positions are available.
* Job Description
– Responsible for making high quality Sushi Rolls, Sashimi, Tempura and other offerings per standard recipes to ensure consistency of all food.
– Ensure strict compliance with the restaurant’s guideline, standards and procedures including but not limited to food hygiene and work safety
– Manage food cost with effective inventory, portion , surplus and wastage controls
-Contribute ideas and suggestions to operations improvement
– Arrange for new equipment purchases and demonstrate new menu recipes
– Supervise cooks and kitchen staff
-Perform special duties as assigned by the management
* Wage : $19.00/hr
* This position is Full-time permanent position. / 30 to 40 hours/week
-High school graduation required.
-Minimum work experience as a Chef required .
-Able to communicate in English.
-Flexible to work in shifts, weekends and holidays.
-Japanese cuisine experience preferred but it is not a mandatory.
* How to apply
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the location and position you’re applying to in the subject line.