Home support workers, caregivers, and related occupations, provide personal care and companionship for seniors, persons with disabilities and convalescent clients. They provide care in the client’s residence, where they may also reside. They are employed by home care and support agencies, private households, or they may be self-employed.
· Provide care and companionship for individuals and families during periods of incapacitation, convalescence or family disruption
· Administer bedside and personal care to clients such as aid in ambulation, bathing, personal hygiene, and dressing
· Plan and prepare meals and special diets, and feed or assist in feeding clients
· May perform routine health-related duties such as changing non-sterile dressings, assisting in the administration of medications and collecting specimens under the general direction of home care agency supervisor or nurse
· May perform routine housekeeping duties such as laundry, washing dishes and making beds.
SALARY: $18.00 per hour
EDUCATION: Minimum Secondary (High) School Graduation Certificates