Micromatter Technologies Inc is located at unit Location: Unit 1- 8333 130th Street, Surrey, BC,V3W 7X4 is looking for one Full time Permanent Metrology Technologist-XRF Technologist for their at above location.
Aboriginal youth, new Permanent Resident immigrants and people with disabilities who can demonstrate required education and work experience are encouraged to apply.
Salary $37.00 per hours/ 35 hours per week.
Experience :- 2 years to less than 3 years.
Our R&D department is seeking for a Metrology Technologist- XRF Technologist who will become an integral component of the research team at Micromatter Technologies Inc. Canada. The Metrology technologist carries out a range of analytical instruments related tasks but will focus most of their time on the operation of WDXRF, EDXRF and ICP instrument followed by the data recording, data analysis and conduct research related to thin target fabrication and installation of new set up. The senior technologist may also undertake and/or coordinate corrective troubleshooting activities, emergency, and other repairs of analytical instruments. You are a motivated, self-starting individual with a strong technical background and experience in the operation and maintenance of WD-XRF, ED-XRF, ICP-MS, XRD and related analytical spectrometers. You are a problem solver and get excited by new challenges.
This role provides an excellent opportunity for career development, and application of existing X-ray spectroscopy skills to streamline and to improve existing processes. The job description provides further details on the responsibilities of the position.
• Maintain, calibrate, and develop WD-XRF, ED-XRF and ICP analysis protocols for coating thickness and alloy composition measurements.
• Address technical enquiries from our customers and create optimum strategies for the analysis of X-ray calibration standards.
• Become proficient in the use of vacuum deposition systems and the deposition of various thin films using such devices.
• Produce thin film calibration standards as per customer requirements at the direction of the operations manager.
• Participate in the development of master reference standards, including the development of sample preparation and operation of ICP techniques.
• Prepares operating and maintenance manuals and various reports for the production systems and analytical equipment’s.
• Demonstrate scientific excellence with experience in X-ray data analysis.
• To provide technical backstopping for all aspect of ongoing research including X-ray data collection (quantitative and qualitative) data analysis, elemental analysis, and research paper writing.
• Working knowledge of X-ray spectroscopy and plasma spectrometry is an asset.
• A strong aptitude for instrument Technologies.
• Completion of a bachelor’s degree in Instrumentation from a University college.
• Considerable five years of experience in the handling and processing of analytical instruments such as X-ray spectrometers and plasma spectrometers.
• Sound knowledge of X-rays, electronics, and vacuum systems.
• Sound knowledge of inspection and quality control methods and procedures.
• Working knowledge of computer software applications and capabilities as related to the work performed.
• Ability to write reports and manuscript to publish result in scientific journals.
• Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions with minimal supervision.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the customers.
It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or provincial law.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please forward your resume and cover letter to: