Busy professional family is hiring an Home child caregiver to care for our school-aged son, Ottawa ON. We needs someone who can work well as a team player, energetic, has passion caring children. Flexibility is required as there will be before/ after school care, one half day of Sat to accommodate our needs of work.
Private household MacEwen Family
• Location : 266 Second Ave Ottawa, ONK1S 2H9
• Salary $17.00 hourly ; 40 hours per Week; overtime1.5 times reg wage
Monday – Friday 7am – 10am and 4pm – 8 pm, Saturday 1-5/6pm ( will pay minimum 40 hrs/ week even work less than 40 a week)
• Terms of employment; Permanent Employment Full time
• Day, Evening, Flexible Hours, Morning, Night, Shift, Weekend
• Start date : Starts as soon as possible
• Benefits: Health benefits, Long term benefits, Other benefits ; Private health insurance until covered by OHIP, 3 days of paid sick leave, Vacation paid 10 work days per annual,
• vacancies1 vacancy
Languages : English
Education : Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
Experience : 1 year to less than 2 years
Work site environment
• Scent free
• Own home
• Optional accommodation available at no charge on a live-in basis. Note: This is NOT a condition of employment
• Work in employer’s/client’s home
• Relocation costs covered by employer
• Assume full responsibility for household in absence of parents.
• Perform light housekeeping and cleaning duties
• Shop for food and household supplies
• Discipline children according to the methods requested by the parents.
• Maintain a safe and healthy environment in the home.
• Organize, activities such as games and outings for children.
• Prepare and serve nutritious meals
• Supervise and care for children
• Take children to and from school and to appointments
• Tend to emotional well-being of children
• Help children with homework
Security and safety
• Criminal record check
• Public transportation is available
Work conditions and physical capabilities
• Repetitive tasks
• Efficient interpersonal skills
• Excellent oral communication
• Team player
• Health care plan
Long term benefits
• Other benefits
• Free parking available
• Subsidised public transportation.
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, Visible minorities, Youth
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
• You are a Canadian citizen, a permanent or a temporary resident of Canada.
• You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply
Here is what you must include in your application:
We will NOT be looking to hire Oversea Applicant – Please do not contact
• Cover letter
• References attesting experience.
• Highest level of education and name of institution where it was completed.
• Are you available for the advertised start date?
• Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
• Are you willing to relocate for this position?
• Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?