Long haul truck driver
Terms of Employment:
Permanent, Full Time, Weekend, Day, Night, Evening
$27.00 hourly for up to 60 hours per week. Overtime after 60 hours a week
Anticipated Start Date (at the latest in 3 months):
As soon as possible
Number of vacancies: 20 vacancies
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.):
Driver’s Licence (Class 1 or A), Air Brake (Z) Endorsement
No Experience required, paid on job training will be provided.
Type of Travel:
Long-haul, Provincial/territorial, International
Driver logbook, Bill of lading, Inspection report (pre-trip, en-route, post-trip), Trans-border documentation, Maintenance and repair reports, Trip reports
Communication Equipment Experience:
Cellular phone, GPS equipment
· Operate trucks to deliver long haul loads working as team drivers.
· Plan trip logistics and prepare documentation for transportation of goods and record trip details
· Perform pre-inspection, in route and post-inspection of vehicle including lights, brakes, tires etc.
· Ensure cargo is secured properly in accordance with safety requirements
· Communicate with dispatcher and other drivers using cell phones
· Oversee all aspects of the vehicle (Condition of equipment, loading, and unloading, safety and security of cargo)
· Carry-out roadside repairs if needed
· Record cargo information, distance travelled, fuel consumption
· Maintain truck logs according to state and federal regulations.
Security and Safety: Basic security clearance, Criminal record check, Driving record check (abstract), Medical exam, Drug test
Willing to travel cross-border, willing to travel for extended periods, willing to travel overnight, valid driver’s licence
Work Location Information:
Various locations across Canada & USA (Driving to the USA is subject to a valid B1/B2 visa and/or non-visa requiring citizens)
Working with others, Problem solving, Job task planning and organizing, significant use of memory
Candidate must be legally entitled to work in Canada and must be willing to drive long haul trucks as a two-person team. Basic English is required to understand road signs and fill log book.
3451 Bradner Rd Abbotsford, BC V4X 1M9
Robby & Jimmy Holdings Ltd.
How to Apply:
By Email: email@example.com