CHEF (NOC 62200)
Seahorse Grill Restaurant is a bistro-style restaurant that offers a blend of international flavours, years of experience, and enthusiasm prepared and served in a casual “feels like home” atmosphere. Seahorse Grill is seeking an experienced and passionate Chef who is capable of preparing food in a fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who can multi-task and work well under pressure. The successful candidate will work directly with the chef/owner to create and implement meal specials, as well as develop new recipes for regular menu items.
FULL JOB DESCRIPTION
Duties include but are not limited to:
– Follow company policy and safety procedures.
– Prepare and cook food on a consistent basis.
– Prepare and cook food in a timely manner.
– Conform to the nutritional and health requirements of the company.
– Have knowledge of cooking techniques, including flavouring, cutting, and seasoning food elements.
– Communicate with kitchen staff and wait for staff to coordinate customer orders.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
– Cook’s trade certification or equivalent credentials, training, and experience are required.
– Sous-chefs, specialist chefs, and chefs usually require several years of experience in commercial food preparation.
– Completion of secondary school is usually required.
– Must be able to communicate effectively in English.
– Must be able to work independently in an unsupervised setting.
– Specialty in European Cuisine.
– Employer: Seahorse Grill
– Location: White Rock, BC
– Work Location: In person
– Terms of Employment: Full-Time, Long-Term, Permanent.
– Hours of work: 40 hours per week.
– Schedule: 8 hours shift. Thursday to Monday from 1:00 PM to 9:00 PM. Days off would be Tuesday and Wednesday. Flexibility to work overtime, if required.
– Wages: $25.00 per hour (as per median wage).
– Overtime: One and one-half times the regular wage rate as per provincial regulations
– Insurance from Workplace Safety covered by the employer.
– 5 days of vacation as per provincial regulations or 4%
– Discounted or free food
ANTICIPATED START DATE OF EMPLOYMENT: As soon as possible.
Preference is given to applicants who are Canadian Citizens, Canadian Permanent Residents, New Immigrants, Indigenous Persons / Aboriginals, Visible Minorities, etc.
If interested in this position, please apply by email to us at email@example.com with a resume and cover letter. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.