Takeda Trading Ltd. is the largest wholesale Dungeness crab supplier in Prince Rupert, British Columbia, Canada. Family owned and operated; Takeda specializes in Dungeness crabs harvested from Hecate Strait on the North Pacific Coast of Canada. Takeda’s total annual production ranges from 3,000,000 to 4,000,000 lbs, including live, cooked and frozen Dungeness crab products. Other products include Red King crab, shrimp and spot prawns
The company is looking for two (2) Seafood Plant Labourers on a permanent full-time 40 hours per week.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Prepare ice basket to pour into Crab tanks when the fishing boats arrive at the dock.
· Lift crabs baskets out of the fishing boat after fishermen put crabs into the baskets.
· Select crabs based on size, full-meat quality. Make sure no female, undersized and dead crabs.
· Pour seawater into larger baskets and put selected crabs inside.
· Drain out the seawater, scale the baskets, use the forklift to move throughout the plant and to the storage place.
· Make sure the crabs are alive, tight rubber bands to keep the big claws in place.
· Rescale before moving the crab baskets by forklift to truck containers for transportation and delivery. Clean work areas and equipment
· Mix approved chemical to clean dirt and slime from shrimps.
· Select shrimps based on size as quality standard.
· Package shrimps into boxes and scale, clean work areas and equipment
· Freeze and put boxes into truck containers for transportation and delivery
· Secondary school may be required but not a must.
· No experience is needed as on-the-job training is provided